The AINP continues to accept and process applications, with temporary adjustments to some application and assessment processes.
Find out how the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program is responding to COVID-19.
The Alberta Express Entry Stream allows Alberta to nominate a limited number of qualified candidates from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Express Entry system.
Candidates who have demonstrated strong ties to Alberta or who can help support the government’s economic development and diversification priorities may be asked to submit an application.
International graduates from Canadian post-secondary institutions may also be asked to apply under this stream.
- Candidates cannot apply directly to the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
- You cannot use a nomination under a different AINP stream to apply under the Alberta Express Entry Stream or the federal Express Entry system.
- If the AINP discovers fraud or misrepresentation in an application, a candidate may be banned for up to 5 years from reapplying to the AINP.
This stream has 2 steps:
- Candidates with an Express Entry profile with the Government of Canada receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter from AINP in their Express Entry profile. Only candidates who receive an NOI letter may contact the AINP to advise they are interested in applying to this stream.
- The AINP invites these candidates to apply. Candidates determine if they meet assessment criteria and submit an application. Complete applications go into a pool of eligible applications for consideration for processing.
As of October 1, 2020, the AINP is charging fees for applications and services. Processes for submitting applications and requesting services have changed. Review the Eligibility, How to apply and After you are nominated sections for details.