- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Unique to North America, Alberta’s Agricultural Service Boards (ASBs) have provided over 75 years of continuous service since 1945.
The 69 ASBs in Alberta help nearly 60,000 farms and ranches to protect the over 50 million acres they farm. Across the province, local ASBs work in their communities to help:
- manage agricultural weeds and pests
- conserve soil and water
- enhance and protect viable and sustainable agricultural practices
- control of animal diseases
- develop municipal policies
ASBs are key to Alberta’s robust pest surveillance network that helps Albertans maintain market access by mitigating the risk of agricultural pest threats. This in turn enables the industry to provide assurance to trading partners and continue to produce high value crops and livestock.
Learn more about how Agricultural Service Boards work.