COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Note: deadline for submissions has ended
- November 2020 – Grant agreements signed
- May 1 to June 30, 2020-24 – Reporting and department review and approval of reports
- June, July 2020-24 – Payment of grants
See also 2020-24 ASB Grant Program Cycle (PDF, 130 KB)
The Agricultural Service Board (ASB) grant program helps rural municipalities that have an established ASB and fulfil all requirements under the Agricultural Service Board Act.
The program supports ASBs through the:
- administration of legislative requirements under the ASB Act
- development and delivery of environmental extension programming
Types of grants
The program has 3 funding streams:
Part 1: Legislative Funding Stream
- Supports Legislative Activities. Funding in this stream is allocated based on satisfaction of the eligibility criteria.
Part 2: Resource Management Funding Stream
- Supports Resource Management Activities. Funding in this stream is allocated on a merit basis, subject to satisfaction of the eligibility criteria.
Part 3: Rat and Rabies Control Funding Stream
- Supports Rat and Rabies Control Activities. Funding in this stream supports administration of rat and rabies control with Alberta’s Control Zone.
Applicants may apply for funding from the Legislative Funding Stream only, or for funding from both the Legislative Funding and Resource Management Funding streams. Eligible applicants located within Alberta’s Rat Control Zone for rats and rabies also have the opportunity to apply for this third stream.
Funding for the 3 streams is limited and subject to program funding constraints.
There is limited funding in the program.
To apply for a grant, applicants must:
- have formed an ASB pursuant to the ASB Act
- be an Alberta municipality that is required to file audited financial statements to Alberta Municipal Affairs pursuant to Section 278 of the Municipal Government Act
- have primary producers farming agricultural land that produces agricultural commodities within the municipality
- have appointed an Agricultural Fieldman pursuant to the ASB Act
See the ASB Grant Program Terms and Conditions (PDF, 1.3 MB) for details on eligible activities and expenses.
After you apply
Legislative Funding Stream
Approved applicants will receive a grant amount determined by the Minister following review of the applications and subject to program funding constraints.
Resource Management Funding Stream
Approved applicants will receive funding amounts that are determined based on the evaluation of the application using merit-based criteria and subject to program funding constraints.
Rat and Rabies Control Funding Stream
Approved applicants will received funding which supports administration of rat and rabies control with Alberta’s Control Zone. Funding criteria is based on the eligibility criteria outlined in Appendix 2 of the Terms and Conditions.
For evaluation criteria for this stream, see Section 4.2 of the Terms and Conditions (PDF, 1.3 MB).
Connect with ASB unit staff:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Alberta Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Economic Development
Agricultural Service Board Program
106, Provincial Building
4709 44 Avenue
Stony Plain, Alberta T7Z 1N4
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.