COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
We are gathering feedback to help inform the development of the next Agricultural Policy Framework, set to replace the Canadian Agricultural Partnership in April 2023 and continue investing in Alberta’s agriculture industry.
Feedback will be gathered in 3 phases. Phase 1 will help inform government priorities to be considered when negotiating the next policy statement at the 2021 Federal, Provincial and Territorial Ministers of Agriculture conference in September 2021. Your input during this phase will also be used to inform the direction of Phases 2 and 3.
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a $3 billion 5-year investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen and grow Canada's agriculture and agri-food sector.
Phase 1 survey closed July 2, 2021
Results under review
Who is listening
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
During Phase 1, we are seeking input on:
- current and emerging industry challenges
- objectives, principles, priorities and outcomes for the framework
- ways to accomplish priorities and outcomes in Alberta
- gaps in the current Canadian Agricultural Partnership priorities and outcomes
- how to address the weight and impact of identified priority areas
- Business Risk Management long-term reform policy direction
Albertans provided feedback through an online survey from June 11 to July 2, 2021. Thank you for your input, we are currently reviewing feedback.
In addition to the online survey, stakeholders were invited to submit written feedback and/or participate in virtual sessions/meetings.
Your feedback will inform the development of the next Agricultural Policy Framework and help guide Alberta’s investments in the agriculture sector over the next 5 to 10 years.
Last updated: July 6, 2021