COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
Purpose of the land-use framework
The Land-use Framework (LUF) sets out an approach to managing our province's land and natural resources to achieve Alberta’s long-term economic, environmental and social goals. The LUF establishes seven new land-use regions and calls for the development of a regional plan for each.
LUF is about:
- improving provincial leadership on land-use issues through policy direction and guidelines;
- taking a new approach to manage public and private lands and natural resources to achieve Alberta's long-term economic, environmental and social goals;
- increasing certainty for industry through integration and coordination of provincial policy and aligned planning and decision-making;
- encouraging stewardship and conservation on public and private lands;
- clarifying roles and responsibilities for land-use decisions at all levels; and
- improved information sharing.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.