- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
Purpose of the land-use framework
The Land-use Framework (LUF) sets out an approach to managing our province's land and natural resources to achieve Alberta’s long-term economic, environmental and social goals. The LUF establishes seven new land-use regions and calls for the development of a regional plan for each.
LUF is about:
- improving provincial leadership on land-use issues through policy direction and guidelines;
- taking a new approach to manage public and private lands and natural resources to achieve Alberta's long-term economic, environmental and social goals;
- increasing certainty for industry through integration and coordination of provincial policy and aligned planning and decision-making;
- encouraging stewardship and conservation on public and private lands;
- clarifying roles and responsibilities for land-use decisions at all levels; and
- improved information sharing.