- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Vaccines open now: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions.
The Public Agency Secretariat (PAS) collaborates with departments and public agencies to promote a consistent approach to public agency governance, recruitment and compensation. To establish a platform to further increase opportunities for efficiencies and consistencies across the government, as of September 2019, the secretariat also coordinates the recruitment process for public agencies, boards and commissions (ABCs).
The centralized recruitment function will strengthen board governance by reducing timelines and increasing certainty of processes and responsiveness to ensure the appropriate skills and competencies are represented on boards.
The PAS has 4 primary functions:
- coordinate the centralized recruitment function for appointments to ABCs
- provide assistance, tools and advice to departments and public agencies to outline best practices in public agency governance and legislative requirements
- develop and implement consistent compensation frameworks for designated public agencies
- provide information to Albertans to increase public awareness about the role of public agencies and the value of serving on a public agency
The secretariat provides information to Albertans to increase public awareness about the role of public agencies and the value of serving on a board. It also provides advice, tools and templates to promote best practices in public agency governance across government.
Conflicts of interest
Public Agency Secretariat
12th Floor, 44 Capital Boulevard Building
10044 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3S7