The Public Agency Secretariat (PAS) collaborates with departments and public agencies to promote a consistent approach to public agency governance, recruitment and compensation.
The PAS has four primary functions:
- providing assistance, tools and advice to government departments and public agencies to help boards follow best practices in public agency governance and legislative requirements
- supporting an open and transparent recruitment process for public agency appointments
- developing and implementing consistent compensation frameworks for designated public agencies
- providing information to Albertans to increase public awareness about the role of public agencies and the value of serving on a board.
The PAS provides information to Albertans to increase public awareness about the role of public agencies and the value of serving on a board. It also provides advice, tools and templates to promote best practices in public agency governance across government.
- Cutting excessive post-secondary salaries (Apr. 10, 2018)
- Increasing accountability in public agencies (Apr 4, 2018)
- Bill would increase public agency accountability (Nov 8, 2017)
- Improving public agency efficiency and governance (Oct 31, 2017)
- More transparency for public agency sunshine list (Jun 13, 2017)
- Government reins in agency CEO pay and benefits (Feb 24, 2017)
- Government continues review of public agencies (Nov 9, 2016)
- Review of government agencies focused on improving services, ensuring value for Albertans (Nov 5, 2015)
Conflicts of Interest
- Reform of Agencies, Boards and Commissions Compensation Act (RABCCA)
- Compensation Regulation under RABCCA
- RABCCA Ministerial Guidelines - updated May 2018 (PDF, 52 KB)
- RABCCA Regulation Handbook - updated July 2018 (PDF, 850 KB)
Public Agency Secretariat
12th Floor, 44 Capital Boulevard Building
10044 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3S7