- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
This engagement has been archived
Ministry responsible: Seniors and Housing
The Government of Alberta has allocated $120 million over the next 5 years to increase the supply of off-reserve, non-market, affordable rental housing units for Indigenous peoples in need.
Indigenous organizations and Indigenous-serving organizations were invited to participate in a provincewide listening tour in June 2017. Information gathered was used to inform the development of an Indigenous off-reserve affordable housing program.
The listening tour helped us understand:
- who is most in need of off-reserve affordable rental housing
- where off-reserve affordable rental housing is most needed
- what characteristics the off-reserve affordable rental housing should have
To learn about key findings from the listening tour, read the What We Heard Summary: Indigenous Housing Capital Program.
- Redesigned program supports Indigenous housing (July 17, 2020)