Critical: tornado - Parts of Alberta
Updated Jun 30, 2023 at 09:24 PM
Source: Environment Canada
Issued: Jun 30, 2023 at 09:24 PM
Alert: Jun 30, 2023 at 09:12 PM
Update: Jun 30, 2023 at 09:13 PM
Update: Jun 30, 2023 at 09:24 PM
Update: Jun 30, 2023 at 09:38 PM
Update: Jun 30, 2023 at 09:40 PM
Update: Jun 30, 2023 at 09:58 PM
Update: Jun 30, 2023 at 10:00 PM
Update: Jun 30, 2023 at 10:07 PM
Update: Jun 30, 2023 at 10:08 PM
Update: Jun 30, 2023 at 10:21 PM
Description: tornado warning in effect
At 9:12 p.m. MDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that is possibly producing a tornado. Damaging winds, large hail and locally intense rainfall are also possible.
Doppler radar indicates a potential tornado near Withrow.
This dangerous thunderstorm is moving toward the southeast at 25 km/h and communities in the path include: Withrow and Eckville.
This is a dangerous and potentially life-threatening situation.
Tornado warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing tornadoes.
Affected areas (4):
- Lacombe County
- Half Moon Bay
- Sunbreaker Cove
Action to take:
- If you hear a roaring sound or see a funnel cloud, swirling debris near the ground, flying debris, or any threatening weather approaching, take shelter immediately
- Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor, away from outside walls and windows, such as a basement, bathroom, stairwell or interior closet
- Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers and other temporary or free-standing shelter, and move to a strong building if you can
- As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris
- Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year
- Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
Back to Active alerts