Critical: Wildfire - Strathcona County
Issued May 05, 2023 at 07:52 PM
Source: Strathcona County
Issued: May 05, 2023 at 07:52 PM
- Alert: May 05, 2023 at 07:52 PM
- Update: May 05, 2023 at 11:52 PM
Description: This is an Alberta Emergency Alert. Strathcona County is issuing an evacuation order.
Evacuate the area immediately. A large grassfire is burning in the area of Township Road 534 and Range Road 220. Emergency crews are on scene but this fire is not yet contained.
Affected areas (1):
- Strathcona County
Action to take:
- Evacuate the area now
- Bring important documents, medication, food and water for people and pets to be away from your home for 3 days
- If you live in the evacuation zone please call 780-464-4044 to register
- A reception centre is set up at Strathcona County Community Centre in Sherwood Park, at 401 Festival Lane
- If you need help evacuating, call 9-1-1.