Source: Big Lakes County
Issued: Jun 13, 2018 at 09:16 AM
Description: Alberta Emergency Alert: Overland Flow Flood Alert Updated
The Emergency Operation Center (EOC) at the Big Lakes County Administration Office has been opened. The Driftpile River continues to rise and is affecting infrastructure in the communities in the areas of the Driftpile River and Swan River. Residents are encouraged to shelter in place until conditions improve.
The rise in water has caused flooding in the vicinity of the Driftpile River and the Swan River. Highway 2 at the Hwy 33 junction, Hwy 2 at the Swan River Bridge and Hwy 2 at the Driftpile bridge. Preparations are being made for a reception centre if necessary. Contact Big Lakes County to report flooding roadways.
Action to take:
- Avoid low lying and flooded areas
- Avoid travelling on flooded roadways
- Check 511.alberta.ca for highway closures
- Listen for updates and follow the instructions that apply to your area
- The water levels and weather forecasts will continue to be monitored
- Additional advisories will be issued as required
- For updates check https://rivers.alberta.ca. Call 911 if you need evacuation assistance.
Back to Active alerts