- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Over the next 10 business days, Alberta’s government will be accepting proposals regarding COVID-19 vaccine development and manufacturing. Alberta, home to world-renowned researchers and infrastructure, is uniquely positioned to lead this work.
“The economic recovery of Alberta, Canada and the world depends on achieving mass vaccination against COVID-19. Our government is exploring potential opportunities in the development and manufacturing of vaccines right here at home. Albertans are hard-working innovators and problem solvers, and we are ready to see how they propose to continue the fight against COVID-19.”
Companies and organizations interested in submitting their proposals can apply online, starting March 8. The application form will remain online for 10 business days, with applications closing at midnight on March 21.
Alberta’s government is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by protecting lives and livelihoods with precise measures to bend the curve, sustain small businesses and protect Alberta’s health-care system.
- Alberta is home to world-renowned researchers and unique infrastructure to support the development of vaccines against COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- Jobs, Economy and Innovation is developing a Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Sector Strategy to boost the growth of the sector. Developing pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing capacity in the province is a key part of that strategy.
- As of March 6, 290,391 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Alberta.
- This is 6,567.1 doses per 100,000 population.
- There are now 90,937 Albertans fully vaccinated with two doses.