Projects that support schools, health facilities, culture and recreation are among the capital projects in Edmonton and surrounding communities.
“Our government is investing $24.2 billion over four years to build, renew or maintain key infrastructure projects throughout the province, including in Edmonton and surrounding communities. Our investment in these priority infrastructure projects will help grow the economy, create jobs and ensure all Albertans benefit from an improved quality of life.”
- The 2019 Capital Plan carries through on previous infrastructure commitments and provides for a number of new projects, such as:
- More than 30 new and ongoing school projects in Beaumont, Edmonton, Leduc, Morinville, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove, St. Albert and Stony Plain
- Health facilities in Edmonton, including the Stollery Children’s Hospital Critical Care Program, the CapitalCare Norwood Redevelopment, the Misericordia Hospital, new south Edmonton hospital, and planning for the University of Alberta Hospital Brain Centre Neuro Intensive Care Unit
- Yellowhead Youth Centre Redevelopment project in Edmonton
- Cultural and recreation projects such as the Winspear Centre, Telus World of Science, the Northern Jubilee Auditorium and planning for Big Island Park
- Other multi-year projects, including Edmonton’s southwest ring road expansion, the University of Alberta Dentistry Pharmacy Functional Building Renewal, and the Edmonton Law Courts, as part of a province-wide courthouse renewal initiative, Leduc’s Agrivalue Processing Business Incubator, and Highway 19 between Highway 2 and Highway 60