Through the 2019 Capital Plan, government’s investment supports the planning, design, or construction of key infrastructure projects in Red Deer and central Alberta.
“When we make strategic investments in our province’s infrastructure, like we are doing here in Red Deer and central Alberta, we make a direct investment in improving Albertans’ quality of life and building a stronger Alberta for everyone.”
- The 2019 Capital Plan carries through on previous infrastructure commitments and provides for a number of new projects, such as:
- Seven school projects in Blackfalds, Carstairs, Condor/Leslieville, Morrin, Provost and Red Deer
- Flood-mitigation/recovery at Drumheller Hospital
- Cultural and recreation projects such as the Reynolds Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin and the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller
- Other multi-year projects, including the Red Deer Justice Centre, the New Raven Creek Brood Trout Station, the Killam Heath Centre and the Gaetz Avenue/Taylor Drive interchange