Critical: Wildfire - Parts of Alberta
Updated May 12, 2023 at 01:31 PM
Source: Alberta Emergency Management Agency
Issued: May 12, 2023 at 01:31 PM
- Alert: May 06, 2023 at 09:57 AM
- Update: May 06, 2023 at 10:46 AM
- Update: May 06, 2023 at 02:31 PM
- Update: May 06, 2023 at 08:22 PM
- Update: May 07, 2023 at 09:15 PM
- Update: May 11, 2023 at 05:19 PM
- Update: May 12, 2023 at 01:31 PM
- Update: May 12, 2023 at 06:40 PM
- Update: May 13, 2023 at 09:32 PM
Description: This is an Alberta Emergency Alert. Big Lakes County has issued a Wildfire Alert.
The mandatory evacuation ORDER has been downgraded to an alert. All residents in the impacted area of Big Lakes County must be prepared to evacuate on 1-hr notice. All residents of the Town of High Prairie must be prepared to evacuate on 4-hrs notice. HWY 749 is now open. Utility Crews are working to rebuild infrastructure in the area. There remain areas within the region with no electrical power or natural gas services.
Affected areas (2):
- Big Lakes
- High Prairie
Action to take:
- The risk of wildfire remains due to continuing isolated ground fires
- Be aware of possible flare-ups as temperatures and winds continue to pose a risk
- If the situation changes, another Alberta Emergency Alert will be issued
- Gather pets, important documents and medication, and enough food, water, and supplies for at least 3 days.