Source: Vulcan County
Issued: Apr 18, 2018 at 04:32 PM
Description: Alberta Emergency Alert: Overland Flow Flood Alert Updated
Melting snow is leading to overland flooding, Vulcan County has declared a State of Local Emergency. Multiple roads in the Carmangay area, Shouldice area, Queenstown area, North of Lomond Highway and West of McGregor Lake area, Badger Lake area, and Travers area have been closed. Alternate routes should be taken, use extreme caution on all roads as some areas may not be marked as closed yet.
Go to www.vulcancounty.ab.ca for further information on road closures.
Action to take:
- Do NOT travel through water covered roads, there may be hidden hazards
- If you are aware of roads that are affected by water and have no signage or barricades, contact Vulcan County Public Works at 403-485-6090
- Do not drive on roads that are barricaded or closed
- Take all necessary precautions
- People self-evacuating can contact Vulcan County Administration Office for assistance 403-485-2241.
Back to Active alerts