Source: Vulcan County
Issued: Apr 16, 2018 at 11:12 AM
Description: Alberta Emergency Alert: Overland Flow Flood Alert
Melting snow is leading to overland flooding, water flowing over and possibly eroding roadways. Multiple roads in the Carmangay area, Shouldice area, Queenstown area, North of Lomond Highway and West of McGregor Lake area, and Travers area have been closed. Alternate routes should be taken, use extreme caution on all roads as some areas may not be marked as closed yet.
Action to take:
- Do NOT travel through water covered roads, there may be hidden hazards
- If you are aware of roads that are affected by water and have no signage or barricades, contact Vulcan County Public Works at 403-485-6090
- Be cautious of rising water levels
- Do not drive on roads that are barricaded or closed
- Take all necessary precautions.
Back to Active alerts