Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
The $20-million Restrictions Exemption Program Implementation Grant is now open to all eligible businesses, cooperatives and non-profit organizations. In-scope small and medium-sized organizations may use the one-time funding as they see fit.
“The Restrictions Exemption Program has allowed participating organizations to operate almost like business as usual. We know there is a cost to implement the program so we are responding by providing $2,000 to businesses.”
“Because of the Restrictions Exemption Program, organizations have been able to reopen and provide their guests with the goods and services they want and need. We are stepping up to support those organizations by helping them offset some of the costs of verification.”
Alberta is the first province to provide funding support to organizations participating in a program that requires patrons age 12 and older to show proof of vaccination, a negative test result or medical exemption.
Applications can be made online.
- To apply for the implementation grant, organizations must:
- be on the list of eligible in-scope operators of organizations
- implement the Restrictions Exemption Program consistently as part of daily operations
- verify proof of vaccination, a recent negative COVID-19 test or proof of medical exemption for patrons age 12 and older
- be a permanent establishment in Alberta
- employ fewer than 500 employees
- Organizations must ensure all of their information is complete and correct when applying. Incorrect or incomplete information may delay receipt of payment or cause the applicant to be denied payment.
- The Restrictions Exemption Program allows businesses, cooperatives and non-profit organizations to remain open without the majority of public health restrictions.
- It came into effect on Sept. 20.