More than 1.5 million Albertans have already entered the Open for Summer Lottery, which currently includes three draws for $1 million and travel prizes from Air Canada and WestJet.
Calgary Stampede family admissions and ride packages, rodeo and performance packages, as well as general admissions, will be included in the first Open for Summer Lottery draw. Winners will be announced when Stage 3 of Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan begins.
To date, more than 70.6 per cent of eligible Albertans have stepped up for their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, including 26.8 per cent who are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Alberta reached the 70 per cent threshold of eligible Albertans with a first dose on June 17, which means Stage 3 of the Open for Summer Plan and the lifting of most remaining health restrictions will begin on July 1.
“Offering Albertans the chance to win admission to one of the province’s iconic events shows we really are open for summer. I tip my hat to Stampede organizers for their hard work and determination in getting the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth back up and running, and to all Albertans who are getting their vaccines to help put this pandemic behind us.”
“Thanks to vaccine protection from COVID-19, we are all winners. I encourage Albertans to continue signing up for both their first and second-dose appointments. Vaccines not only keep everyone safe, but they pave a clear path for Albertans to safely get back to their favourite activities, including enjoying a warm summer day at the Calgary Stampede.”
“We are thrilled to have the Calgary Stampede supporting our vaccine lottery prizes with passes to the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth. Organizers are working around the clock to ensure a safe, fun and memorable Stampede for visitors. I encourage all Albertans to get their vaccine and register for the lottery for a chance at a free Stampede experience. Summer and the Stampede go hand in hand, and free passes will make those midway treats taste sweeter!”
“Hats off to those who have already taken the opportunity to get vaccinated. We look forward to safely welcoming our community back to the Stampede in July to reconnect with friends and neighbours, to laugh, and make new memories.”
- 50 winners will receive admission for two adults and two children with two Ride & Play passes.
- 150 winners will receive admission only for two adults and two children.
- 25 winners will receive admission and two tickets to an afternoon rodeo.
- 25 winners will receive admission and two tickets to an evening performance.
- 10 winners will receive admission and two Nashville North Buck the Line passes.
- 125 winners will receive four admission passes.
- 250 winners will receive two admission passes.
Book your shot and enter to win
All Albertans 18 and over are eligible to register for the lottery once they’ve received their COVID-19 vaccine. This includes Albertans who already received one or both shots of vaccine.
Winners will be required to confirm their immunization status and agree to provide proof of receiving at least one dose to be eligible for the first draw and two doses for the August and September draws. A complete list of rules is available online at alberta.ca/lottery.
Eligibility for the first draw will close at 11:59 p.m. on June 24. The first winners will be announced when Stage 3 of Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan begins.
Albertans can book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment through AHS online, participating pharmacies or by calling 811. Select clinic locations across the province are also offering walk-in appointments for first doses.
Alberta’s government is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by protecting lives and livelihoods with precise measures to bend the curve, sustain small businesses and protect Alberta’s health-care system.
- Alberta's Open for Summer Plan safely eases restrictions in three stages as vaccination targets are reached and hospitalizations decline.
- To be eligible for the lottery, you must:
- Opt in by registering at alberta.ca/lottery.
- Reside in Alberta at the time of entry and draw.
- Be 18 years of age and older.
- Be able to provide proof of receiving your first dose of an approved vaccine for the first draw, and both first and second doses for the second and third draws.
- Please visit alberta.ca/lottery for a complete list of rules.
- Any Albertan 18 or older who received approved vaccines out of province is also eligible, provided they have submitted proof of vaccination to AHS and meet all other eligibility criteria.