- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
Alberta’s online birth registry is easily accessible from any location via computer, tablet, smartphone, or any device connected to the internet.
“As a new father, I know the adjustments parents go through with a newborn. We committed to modernizing government services and I’m confident that the convenience of our new online birth registry will be welcomed by Alberta parents.”
A further benefit of the online service is the ability for parents to apply for both the Canada Child Benefit and their child’s social insurance number from the Government of Canada at the same time they register birth information with the province of Alberta.
- All births that occur in Alberta must be registered with the government.
- The online birth registry can be accessed by any device with an internet connection.
- Surrogacies, adoptions and some home birth registrations cannot be completed online. To register these births, parents can contact Alberta Vital Statistics directly.
- The total cost to order a birth certificate online is $40.