- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Vaccines open now: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions.
Jacek Chocolate Couture is an award-winning company based in Sherwood Park that creates artisan and craft chocolate. Jacek will use the funding to upgrade its operations, increase exports and create new jobs under the partnership’s Value-Added Products to Markets program.
“This is a wonderful win-win project that will boost production while reducing the impact on our environment. Our government is always pleased to support small, environmentally-minded businesses like Jacek Chocolate Couture as they find new ways to succeed and grow.”
“Small businesses are critical to Alberta’s economic growth. Our government is supporting local businesses by helping them reach the global market and remain competitive. We appreciate the confidence and investment by Jacek to produce world-renowned products here in Alberta.”
“We are very grateful for the support of the local, provincial and federal government over the last 10 years. This support has allowed us to not only grow our business, but it has helped us improve our systems to ensure food safety, access new markets and most recently advance our environmental stewardship goals.”
The funding supported the purchase of a new flow-wrapper machine using compostable film. The innovation will allow the company to bring its operations to a new level while furthering its environmental goals.
- Jacek Chocolate Couture will receive funding up to $116,238 under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
- The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a five-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments, with the aim of strengthening the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector, ensuring continued innovation, growth and prosperity.
- Programs and activities are focused on:
- Growing trade and expanding markets
- Innovative and sustainable growth of the sector
- Supporting diversity and a dynamic, evolving sector
- In Alberta, the partnership has committed a federal-provincial investment of $406 million over five years towards strategic programs and services that are aligned to national objectives and tailored to priorities in Alberta.