Premier Notley’s Texas mission: Statement
Premier Rachel Notley has issued the following statement regarding her mission to Houston, Texas:
“This week, I had the pleasure of representing and advocating Alberta’s trade and energy interests on a mission to Texas, accompanied by Minister McCuaig-Boyd.
“My focus for this trip builds on the work from last week’s mission to Washington, D.C., where I promoted the importance of the Alberta-U.S. relationship for our economies and good jobs on both sides of the border.
“Beyond trade, Alberta and the U.S. share an important energy partnership, which I highlighted during a panel discussion on energy and the environment at CERA Week. This mission also focused on learning more about new research and innovation best practices in order to help shape a more diversified Alberta economy.
“The relationships our government is developing here in the U.S. can protect jobs and grow trade relations between our two jurisdictions. This will ensure a more diversified economy, create new jobs and continue to make life better for Albertans.”
Premier's meetings in Houston – March 7, 2017
Lunch roundtable hosted by CAPP
- Tim McMillan, CEO, CAPP
- Terry Abel, Executive VP, CAPP
- Arlene Strom, VP, Sustainability & Communications, Suncor Energy Inc.
- Judy Fairburn, EVP, Business Innovation, Cenovus
- Lloyd Visser, VP, Environment & Sustainability ConocoPhillips
- Andrew Lundquist, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs, ConocoPhillips
- John Rossall, Senior Vice-President, Canada, Talisman Energy
- Stephen Willis, President and Chairman, BP Canada Energy Group
- Mr. Keisuke Kuroki, President, Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC)
- Mr. Hiroshi Okabe, Director, Planning Division, JOGMEC
- Mr. Doug May, Business President for Olefins, DOW Chemical Company
- Mr. Joe Kaeser, CEO, Siemens AG
- Ms. Lisa Davis, CEO Global Energy and Member of the Managing Board, Siemens AG
- Ms. Sara Wilshaw, Consul General of Canada in Dallas
Premier's meetings in Austin – March 8, 2017
Roundtable on innovation and economic diversification
- Dr. Cindy Walker Peach, Director, Health/Biosciences, Austin Technology Incubator, University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. Mark Sanders, Assistant Director, Clean Energy and Water Incubators, Austin Technology Incubator
- Dr. David Altounian, Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship, St. Edwards University
- Joshua Baer, Executive Director, Capital Factory business accelerator
Lunch roundtable on innovation, culture and Canadian perspectives
- Dr. Peter Nicholson, inaugural President Council of Canadian Academies
- Jane Nicholson
- Nancy Harris, Executive Vice President and Interim CEO North America, Sage Software
- Honourable Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas