This release was issued under a previous government.
Starting Tuesday, February 25 until Friday, February 28, the northbound Anthony Henday Drive ramp to eastbound Wye Road will be closed daily until 3 p.m., weather permitting.
This closure is required for construction crews to install girders for a new overpass that will go over Anthony Henday Drive at the new Sherwood Park Freeway interchange.
- February 25 from 12 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- February 26 to 28 from 3 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Commuters are advised to detour using Baseline Road and Broadmoor Boulevard.
- Through traffic on Anthony Henday Drive will not be affected.
- Signs will be posted advising motorists of the detour.
- Fines for speeding double in construction zones.
- When completed in fall 2016, the new Sherwood Park Freeway interchange at Anthony Henday Drive will increase safety and access by adding a third lane in each direction, safer collector lanes and a new free-flow overpass for eastbound to northbound traffic.
- Using Alberta’s P3 model for highways allows Northeast Anthony Henday Drive to be finished in 2016, three years earlier than through conventional delivery and at a savings of $370 million for taxpayers.
- The Alberta government has committed more than $4 billion toward the construction of the Edmonton ring road, including the northeast section, a $1.81 billion investment.
- This project is one of many that deliver on Alberta Transportation’s Building Alberta commitment to support the economy and increase market access by focusing on capital plan projects for core infrastructure and key corridors.
- This year, the Alberta Government will invest $1.4 billion in Alberta’s highway network.
For up-to-date road information and traffic delays in Alberta
Call: 511 toll-free
For up-to-date road information and traffic delays on NE Henday
Click: NE Henday website
NE Henday by the numbers (pdf)