- Hon. Greg Weadick for South East Region
- Hon. Kyle Fawcett for South West
- Hon. Rick Fraser for High River
These three ministers will be on the ground every day in their regions of responsibility.
“This disaster is entirely unique in its speed, its scale and its scope in the number of people and communities that it impacted. Our government fully recognizes that,” said Redford. “That’s why, to date, we have brought together all provincial resources to respond to this disaster through the Alberta Emergency Management Agency. And today, we begin to rebuild.”
Robin Campbell, minister of Aboriginal Relations, will continue to oversee First Nations recovery, and Don Scott, from Fort McMurray, will continue to oversee the recovery in that community from flooding earlier in June.
“My fellow ministers and MLAs from Calgary will continue to lead recovery efforts in the City of Calgary, working in lockstep with city officials,” said Redford.
In addition, the government is holding an emergency Treasury Board meeting on June 23 and establishing a detailed plan for how to deploy short- and long-term resources. This will involve immediate action in three areas:
- Financial assistance for Alberta families and communities with uninsurable damage.
- Support for short-term and long-term infrastructure needs in affected communities.
- Prosecution of businesses or individuals who illegally price gouge or commit other types of consumer fraud to take advantage of flood victims.
“My message today is that your government is mobilizing and will do what's necessary to get the job done. As I've visited communities in the last few days, I've never been more convinced of the strength and resiliency of Albertans. We are up to task. We will rebuild together. And our communities will be stronger than ever before,” said Redford.
Our government was elected to keep building Alberta, to live within its means and to fight to open new markets for Alberta’s resources. We will continue to deliver the responsible change Albertans voted for.
To call toll free within Alberta dial 310-0000.