Advisory: tornado - Parts of Alberta
Updated Jul 24, 2023 at 06:29 PM
Source: Environment Canada
Issued: Jul 24, 2023 at 06:29 PM
Description: tornado watch in effect
Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms which may produce tornadoes. The most favourable timeframe for tornado development will be this evening as the thunderstorms move northeast across north-central Alberta.
Hailstones up to baseball size will accompany any severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado.
This is a dangerous and potentially life-threatening situation.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
Affected areas (19):
- Woodlands County
- Barrhead County No. 11
- Yellowhead County
- Lac Ste. Anne County
- West Cove
- Silver Sands
- South View
- Alexis 133
- Parkland County
- Seba Beach
- Betula Beach
- Fox Creek
- Greenview No. 16
- Swan Hills
- Big Lakes
Action to take:
- Be prepared for severe weather
- Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches
- In the event of a tornado, or if a tornado warning is issued for your area, it is recommended you take the following actions: Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor, away from outside walls and windows, such as a basement, bathroom, stairwell or interior closet
- Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers and other temporary or free-standing shelter, and move to a strong building if you can
- As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris.
Back to Active alerts