Critical: Wildfire - Yellowhead County
Updated May 20, 2023 at 04:18 PM
Source: Yellowhead County
Issued: May 20, 2023 at 04:18 PM
- Alert: May 18, 2023 at 05:34 PM
- Update: May 19, 2023 at 01:47 PM
- Update: May 19, 2023 at 03:19 PM
- Update: May 19, 2023 at 05:00 PM
- Update: May 20, 2023 at 04:18 PM
- Update: May 21, 2023 at 04:14 PM
Description: This is an Alberta Emergency Alert. Yellowhead County is under a Wildfire Evacuation Order for the area east of Shiningbank to the Rail Line north of Niton.
There is a wildfire east of Shining Bank Lake. Evacuation routes: south on Range Rd 130 or Highway 32, west on Highway 748 or south on Highway 751. Reception Centre is Holiday Inn in Edson (4520 2 Ave). Register at the Reception Centre. Or call 1-833-334-4630 for evacuee registration information.
Affected areas (1):
- Yellowhead County
Action to take:
- Evacuate the area
- Gather important documents, pets, and medication, food, and water for 3 days
- Go to www.alberta.ca/emergencyalert for updates.