Critical: Wildfire - Big Lakes
Updated May 19, 2023 at 05:29 PM
Source: Alberta Emergency Management Agency
Issued: May 19, 2023 at 05:29 PM
Description: Alberta Emergency Alert. Peavine Metis Settlement has updated an Evacuation Order due to Wildfire.
A fire has forced the evacuation of everyone in Peavine Metis Settlement.
Affected areas (1):
Action to take:
- If you are not already evacuated, you must leave now
- Bring important documents, medication and supplies
- Evacuees should proceed to the Kapawe’no Centre in Grouard, Alberta, or to the Smoky River FCSS in Falher
- Follow https://www.alberta.ca/emergencyalert and local media for updates
- Call Peavine Settlement Office (780) 316-9657, or Kapaweno First Nation Evacuation Site (780) 316-9680 or Elks Rodeo Campgrounds (780) 316-9638 for further information.
Back to Active alerts