Advisory: Wildfire - Parts of Alberta
Issued May 14, 2023 at 03:05 PM
Source: Alberta Emergency Management Agency
Issued: May 14, 2023 at 03:05 PM
Alert: May 14, 2023 at 03:05 PM
Description: Alberta Emergency Alert. Big Lakes County Evacuation Alert due to Wildfire.
Everyone south of Township road 800, East of Range Road 200, West of Range Road 134, and North of Highway 679 are on a four (4) hour evacuation notice. A fire northwest of Peavine Metis Settlement has the potential to move south.
Affected areas (4):
- Smoky River No. 130
- Northern Sunrise County
- Big Lakes
- Kapawe'no First Nation (Pakashan 150D)
Action to take:
- If you are in the affected area, residents must PREPARE to evacuate within 4 HOURS NOTICE
- Gather pets, important documents, medication, and enough food, water, and supplies for 7 days
- Further instructions will be given to those directly impacted
- Citizens are to monitor www.alberta.ca/emergencyalert and local media for updates.
Back to Active alerts