Critical: Wildfire - Athabasca County No. 12
Issued May 04, 2023 at 11:22 PM
Source: Alberta Emergency Management Agency
Issued: May 04, 2023 at 11:22 PM
- Alert: May 04, 2023 at 11:22 PM
Description: This is an Alberta Emergency Alert. Athabasca County has issued an Evacuation Order due to Wildfire.
There is a wildfire about 10 km Northeast of Athabasca, east of Camping Lake and moving west.
Affected areas (1):
- Athabasca County No. 12
Action to take:
- Everyone on Range Road 214 and 215, North of Township Road 674 to the Athabasca River must evacuate now
- Bring pets, important medication and documents and enough food, water and supplies to be away for 3 days
- Evacuees should go to the Athabasca Regional Multiplex
- Everyone else in the area between Jackfish Lake and the Athabasca River to the west must prepare for a possible evacuation
- For updates stay tuned to www.alberta.ca/emergencyalert and local media.