Source: Yellowhead County
Issued: Jun 23, 2021 at 02:35 PM
Description: Alberta Emergency Alert - Wildfire Alert in Yellowhead County between Evansburg and Wildwood north of Highway 16. Updated
The wildfire in Yellowhead County remains out of control 9km West of Evansburg, North of Highway 16 and West of Highway 22. Highway 16 is now open however, everyone along Highway 16, west of Highway 22, up to Highway 16A, including the Lobstick Resort Area must stay out of the area due to this wildfire. The public must be cautious while travelling in the area due to heavy smoke.
Highway 16 is now open in both directions. Follow directions of local authorities. Visibility may be reduced in the area due to smoke.
Go to https://511.alberta.ca/#:Alerts for up to date information on road closures.
Go to https://yhcounty.ca/county-office/news/lobstick-wildfire-june-22-2021/ for up to date information from Yellowhead County.
Go to http://srd.web.alberta.ca/edson-area-update for up to date information on fire activity in the area visit.
Go to www.alberta.ca/wildfires for personal preparedness information.
Action to take:
- The public must stay out of evacuated areas due to active wildfire in the area
- Highway 16 is open for travel
- The public must be cautious while travelling due to heavy smoke
- The evacuated public should register at the Evacuation Centre, which has been set up at the Evansburg Arena in Evansburg
- The Emergency Information number for residents 1-833-334-4630.
Back to Active alerts