Source: Parkland County
Issued: May 08, 2021 at 11:13 AM
Description: Alberta Emergency Alert - Wildfire Alert Updated
EVACUATION ORDER LIFTED - Imminent danger from the wildfire to life and property present in the area between Highway 22 and Range Road 63 and between Township Road 510 and 524 has diminished at this time. The mandatory evacuation order has been lifted. In the event that conditions change an Evacuation Order may be re-issued and the evacuation process will re-commence.
Please visit www.parklandcounty.com or Parkland County’s Facebook and Twitter pages for updates. For emergency social service needs, please call or text 780-203-3258.
Action to take:
- A State of Local Emergency is still in effect and this area remains the scene of an active and large wildfire
- Residents who live in the impacted area should be prepared to evacuate with limited notice should conditions change
- Roads within the area have been limited to local traffic only
- Road conditions may be poor due to weather and heavy equipment from fire response
- Please continue to avoid the area for your own personal safety and for the safety of our fire crews.
Back to Active alerts