Source: Big Lakes County
Issued: Apr 22, 2020 at 04:13 PM
Description: Alberta Emergency Alert: Overland Flow Flood Alert Big Lakes County Updated
Big Lakes County is experiencing heavy spring runoff conditions which is causing overland flooding of low lying areas from various rivers, streams and creeks within Big Lakes County.
The following roads within Big Lakes County have been closed due to overland flooding and/or culvert washouts:
Range Road 185 south from Twp. Road 742 to Twp. Road 740
Range Road 180 at Hwy 2 south
Twp Road 742 east from Range Road 160 to Range Road 154
Twp Road 742 west from Range Road 160 to Range Road 161
Twp Road 724 east (of Hwy 749) at Range Road 164.
Range Road 93 north of Hwy 2
Range Road 112 House Mountain Rd at km 23
Twp Road 742 west of Range Road 185
Twp Road 714 east of Range Road 163
TR 750 east of Hwy 750 to RR 152
Action to take:
- Avoid rivers, valleys and low lying areas
- Do not move remove or drive around barricades
- Do not travel on flooded roads which could be washing out
- Listen for further updates from the County and follow the instructions that apply to your area
- If you encounter a flooded road that has not yet been marked or barricaded contact the County Office at 780-523-5955.
Back to Active alerts