Personal information banks
Each ministry must maintain a directory of personal information banks (PIBs), and make it available to the public.
A PIB directory does not provide direct access to an individual's records. It lists the types of personal information held by a public body.
Each PIB directory provides information on:
- the title or name of the information bank
- the location of the information bank
- what kind of personal information is contained in the bank
- who the information is about
- why the information was collected and how it's used or disclosed
- the legal authority for the collection of the information
For information on how to obtain personal records, contact a Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Coordinator.
Alberta government PIB directories
Public Service Commission (0.4 MB)
Economic Development and Trade (0.2 MB)
Executive Council (0.03 MB)