COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Workforce Partnerships grants support Alberta’s industry sector, employer associations and unions with common labour market challenges across Alberta. These grants ensure Albertans are well prepared to participate in the dynamic labour market.
In 2021-22, there will be one request for expressions of interest EOI for the Industry Workforce Partnerships Program.
- August 11: Expressions of Interest (EOI) application period opens.
- August 11 to 20: Applicants can submit questions to [email protected]
- August 30: Department will respond to questions via email.
- September 10: EOI application period closes at 11:59 pm.
- September 2021: EOI applicants will receive an email notifying them of their results. Successful EOI applicants will be invited to submit a proposal application.
- November 5: Proposal application period closes at 11:59 pm.
Workforce Partnerships Program
The Workforce Partnerships Program supports industries to build and develop their workforce. It is designed to support projects with industry sectors that have common workforce needs.
Examples of Workforce Partnerships Program activities
- Researching and analysing labour market trends.
- Developing strategic plans to prepare for future skill requirements and/or prevent skills shortages.
- Promoting current labour market needs or heightening awareness of labour market issues such as the attraction and retention of under-represented groups.
- Sharing best practices in human resource development.
2021-22 Workforce Partnerships priorities
Support Industry, sector and regional job creation and workforce recovery
- Encourage workforce development across various foundational and emerging sectors to support a diversified Alberta economy as identified in Alberta’s Recovery Plan.
- Enable job creators to increase employment through attraction and retention initiatives.
- Address the impacts of workforce and sectoral adjustments by increasing industry or employer capacity to build a resilient workforce.
- Build industry and employer capacity to increase and enhance workforce participation of newcomers, youth, Indigenous peoples, women, mature workers and people living with a disability.
Review the application guidelines (PDF, 543 KB) for more information on the Workforce Partnerships Program, including eligibility criteria for proposals and examples of activities that may be considered.
How to apply
To apply to the Industry Workforce Partnerships Program, organizations must first submit an EOI that will help to determine if a proposed project aligns with the goals and outcomes of the program.
Program funding is limited and not every EOI will receive funding.
Only 1 EOI per organization will be considered. Projects will be evaluated on how closely they meet grant criteria and align with the priorities of the program.
Step 1. Review the application guidelines
- Before applying, read the application guidelines (PDF, 449 KB).
Step 2. Download the complete application package
- Application EOI form (PDF, 79 KB)
Step 3: Complete the application
- Only a complete application will be considered.
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
Step 4. Submit the application
- Save PDF as [Your Organization Name] EOI FORM.
- Title the subject line as [Your Organization Name]: Industry EOI Submission.
- Email EOI in PDF format to [email protected].
- Your EOI form MUST be received electronically by September 10, 11:59 pm MST .
Submit questions about the Workforce Partnerships Program by August 20:
Email: [email protected]
Department staff will share responses to the most commonly asked questions via email on August 30.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.