COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The Women in Coaching Canada Games Apprenticeship Program is a partnership between the Government of Alberta, Canada Games Council (CGC), and the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC).
This program provides the opportunity for each province and territory to send 2 female coaches to the Canada Games in apprenticeship roles. The apprenticeship program is an essential part of the development of a coach. Furthermore, apprenticeship programs can be used as a means to build capacity in underrepresented populations in coaching, such as women and aboriginals.
The purpose of the Canada Games Apprenticeship Program is to provide women coaches with practical experience through a major national multisport games experience. Selected coaches have direct involvement in preparation and competition and receive support from an identified mentor coach throughout the duration of the program.
- Build coaching capacity for women in sport
- Provide female apprentice coaches with domestic multisport exposure
- Provide female apprentice coaches with enhanced professional development and learning opportunities to prepare them for higher level coaching and ensure an increase in their level of certification to a minimum of Competition
- Development (or Level 3 certification)
- Apprentice coaches complete certification within 2 years following the Games
- Expose female apprentice coaches to elite women coaches’ experiences
- Ensure female apprentice coaches are prepared to play a meaningful role during the Canada Games experience
How to apply
We are not taking applications at this time.
Alberta Coaches involved in 2022 Canada Summer Games Apprenticeship Program are:
- Chelsea Ross – Rugby
- Charlotte Farrent – Triathlon
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.