Nearly all property insurance policies provide coverage for fire, including wildfire. Each insurance company establishes its own policy wording, coverage limits and price. Fire damage to vehicles is usually covered under an automobile insurance policy if you've purchased comprehensive or all perils coverage. Call your insurance company to assist you.
- Insurance claims resources, including dispute information
- IBC Insurance info for Fort McMurray wildfire evacuees
- Emergency benefits(0.4 MB) may be available for eligible Albertans to meet immediate daily needs. Visit an Alberta Works Centre near you during regular business hours to apply.
- Alberta Works Centre in Fort McMurray - Main Floor Provincial Building, 9915 Franklin Ave
- The Red Cross continues to work with individuals and families impacted by the Alberta fires. Call: 1-888-553-5505. Please book an appointment before visiting the Red Cross office on Hardin Street.
- Red Cross in Fort McMurray - 10019B Franklin Avenue
- Alberta Wildfire Donation Centre