Employment Standards Contact Centre

If you have questions around employment standards, such as getting paid while businesses are closed or have been destroyed in the fire, call 1-877-427-3731 or within Edmonton call 780-427-3731.

Occupational Health and Safety

Safety must be the first priority to avoid incidents and injuries when rebuilding Fort McMurray.

Employment Insurance - Government of Canada

Affected workers are encouraged to apply for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits as soon as possible, even without a Record of Employment.

If you were receiving EI benefits before the evacuation, you should also contact EI as it could affect how you're reporting activity.

The Government of Canada has a reference code to facilitate and accelerate the processing of EI claims for affected workers.

Temporary Foreign Workers

Temporary Foreign Workers who have lost their jobs and have questions should call the TFW Advisory Office at 1-877-944-9955. If you’ve lost work permits or other important documents, contact your country’s consular office.

Find a job in Fort McMurray and surrounding communities

Fort McMurray Jobs & Employment

Alberta job banks

Career information hotline

Alberta Works