A landowner who suspects their water well has been damaged as a result of energy activities may apply to the Farmers' Advocate Office (FAO) to have the costs of replacing or restoring the well considered. The Water Well Restoration or Replacement Program (WWRRP) is funded by levies paid by industry to the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER).
This program is designed to be a last resort to help address situations attempts to find a resolution with the company have failed. The landowner must first contact the AER at 1-855-297-8311 to have an investigation completed. The FAO will be provided with the results to the FAO. Applications to the FAO must include receipts and must be submitted within 2 years of the alleged damage.
PDF form issues
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save forms:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
- Alberta Water Well Information Database – Overview
- Water wells that last generations (PDF, 4.8 MB)
- Guidelines for water well test evaluations for seismic programs (PDF, 186 KB)
- Water Well Restoration or Replacement Program – Application form (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Water Well Restoration or Replacement Program – Application guidelines
To connect with the Farmers' Advocate Office: