Table of contents


A landowner who suspects their water well has been damaged as a result of energy activities may apply to the Farmers' Advocate Office (FAO) to have the costs of replacing or restoring the well considered. The Water Well Restoration or Replacement Program (WWRRP) is funded by levies paid by industry to the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER).

This program is designed to be a last resort to help address situations attempts to find a resolution with the company have failed. The landowner must first contact the AER at 1-855-297-8311 to have an investigation completed. The FAO will be provided with the results to the FAO. Applications to the FAO must include receipts and must be submitted within 2 years of the alleged damage.


PDF form issues

Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:

  1. Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
  2. Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.

Was this page helpful?

All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.

You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.