Water management structures may include dams, weirs, canals and their associated infrastructure. Water management structures in Alberta are owned and operated by Alberta Environment and Parks.
Alberta Transportation’s Water Management Section is responsible for:
- rehabilitation of existing structures
- construction of new structures
- structure maintenance activities (in southern Alberta)
Water management projects
Guidelines on construction or rehabilitation of water management structures and information on tendering and contracting of these projects are available.
- Water management structures – Guidelines and reports
- Design bulletins
- Environmental management of transportation and water projects
Engineering consulting guidelines
Consultants providing engineering services for the department are required to follow the processes outlined in the Engineering consultant guidelines.
Connect with Water Management Section: