Webinars in this series will be available on Alberta Agriculture and Forestry’s YouTube channel under the Cows and Chaos - Feed, Forage and Management Strategies playlist. Each webinar will be uploaded to the site the week following the broadcast.
Hosted by forage and livestock specialists at Alberta Agriculture and Forestry along with members of applied research and forage associations in the province, this free webinar series addresses livestock producers feed concerns.
The series began on July 4, 2019, and looked at exploring grazing options for dry conditions. Webinars run every other Thursday evening, start at 7:30 pm and include time for questions from participants.
Upcoming topics and webinar registration links:
- July 18 - Economics of forage production and market outlook
- August 1 - Working with cropping neighbours - salvage crops pros and cons
- August 15 - Using hay land for grazing, water quality and supply
- August 29 - Debunking the myths of feeding alternate feeds, salvage crops and unusual feeds
- September 12 - Market outlook, effective culling and the economics of depopulation
- September 26 - Feed testing - what’s important and why
- October 10 - You have your feed test results - now what?
- October 24 - Fall and winter feeding strategy
Connect with the Alberta Ag-Info Centre:
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-FARM (3276)