Alberta Visitor Information Providers Program
Learn how to provide efficient and effective visitor information and trip planning services to visitors in your community.
Alberta has a provincial network of community visitor services providers that deliver trip planning advice and information to for those visiting communities across Alberta.
The Alberta Visitor Information Providers (AVIP) program supports communities with training and best practices and resources to deliver a multi- channel visitor services.
Interested in taking advantage of these programs contact us at AVIP@gov.ab.ca to learn more.
AVIP program support
- Accreditation opportunities for your community Visitor Information Centre (VIC).
- Receive access to highway and directional signage for your VIC.
- Travel Counsellor and tourism product training at the Spring Training & Showcase.
- Access to AVIP sharepoint website that contains best practice studies, provincial updates and training resources.
- Assessment tools to measure efficiency and effectiveness of your visitor services program.
- Regional networking opportunities with other communities to share best practices and collaboration opportunities.
- Profiled on www.travelalberta.com, The Official Alberta Road Map, and other websites and resources.
- Email Bulk Order Distribution Services to order the Official Alberta Travel Planner, Alberta Campground Guide, Official Alberta Road Maps, and other provincial publications.
To contact Visitor Services:
Destination Development and Visitor Services
Alberta Culture and Tourism
6th Floor, Commerce Place
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4L6