Visitor Friendly Program
Transform your community into a welcoming destination that will create lasting impressions for visitors and encourage them to return.
Visitor Friendly Alberta
The Visitor Friendly Program provides a toolkit to assess your community’s strengths and weaknesses, with the goal of creating favourable and long-lasting impressions of your area for visitors.
The program identifies ways to enhance:
- overall ambience and visual appeal
- wayfinding and signage
- quality of services and professionalism
- public services and visitor amenities
- visitor information
How Does It Work?
You have two options to take part in Visitor Friendly Alberta:
- Work with a third-party consultant to undertake a thorough evaluation to produce a visitor friendly strategy and action plan.
- Conduct a self-assessment and develop an action-plan using the free online toolkit, Visitor Friendly Alberta: A Guide to Welcoming Tourists to your Community.
Is There Funding Available?
Communities interested in working with a third-party consultant may be eligible for funding via the Tourism Growth Innovation Fund, through which they may receive funding for up to 75% of the total project cost.
Contact the Destination Development Unit:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm MST (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
6th Floor, Commerce Place
10155 102 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4L6