EMERGENCY: Alberta has declared a Public Health Emergency to protect the health care system from COVID-19. Indoor social gatherings are the top source of transmission. All indoor social gatherings have now been banned. This ban will be enforced with $1,000 fines. Learn more
Visitor Friendly Alberta
The Visitor Friendly Program provides a toolkit to assess your community’s strengths and weaknesses, with the goal of creating favourable and long-lasting impressions of your area for visitors.
The program identifies ways to enhance:
- overall ambience and visual appeal
- wayfinding and signage
- quality of services and professionalism
- public services and visitor amenities
- visitor information
How does it work
You have two options to take part in Visitor Friendly Alberta:
- Work with a third-party consultant to undertake a thorough evaluation to produce a visitor friendly strategy and action plan.
- Conduct a self-assessment and develop an action-plan using the free online toolkit, Visitor Friendly Alberta: A Guide to Welcoming Tourists to your Community.
Is there funding available
Communities interested in working with a third-party consultant may be eligible for funding via the Tourism Growth Innovation Fund, through which they may receive funding for up to 75% of the total project cost.
Contact the Destination Development Unit:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
6th Floor, Commerce Place
10155 102 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4L6