Victim services

Help, financial assistance and restitution for victims of crime, and grants and training for victim services providers.

Services and information

If you were injured while under the care of Alberta Child Welfare, up until February 19, 2008, you may be eligible to receive a settlement.

If you feel you weren't treated fairly by a victim services unit, or by the Financial Benefits Program, you can file a complaint.

Support and information for families of missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls.

Support if you've experienced physical or emotional harm, property damage or economic loss as a result of a crime.

If someone is missing, report it to your local police or RCMP detachment.

As a victim of crime, you have rights that protect your safety and dignity.

Grants are available for organizations that help victims of crime during their involvement with the criminal justice process.

Service providers can take online training to provide better support for victims of crime.

We partner with police and community-based programs to support victims of crime.