Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
The Utility Coordination Process Manual is designed to act as a utility coordination road map for Alberta Transportation and Economic Corridors' delivery of construction projects.
The manual provides the tools to assist the Project Managers, Consultants, Utility Owners and Contractors in making strategic decisions for both major and minor projects to ensure that utility coordination is optimized without impeding the progress of the project. It also provides utility planning tools to aid in future work within the same geographical areas.
Any omissions, obvious errors or recommendations for future updates regarding the manual or forms in the appendices should be forwarded to the following email: [email protected].
Download manual forms
Appendix F – Sample deliverable
- SUE Selection Criteria Form (XLSX, 46 KB)
- Utility Base Plan Sample (PDF, 636 KB)
- Utility Conflict Matrix Template (XLS, 119 KB)
- Composite Utility Plan Sample – Deliverable (PDF, 772 KB)
- Utility Adjustment Matrix Template (XLSX, 29 KB)
- Utility Coordination Plan Sample – Deliverable (PDF, 162 KB)
- Utility Assessment Outline Template (DOC, 36 KB)
- Stakeholder Register and Communication Plan Template (XLSX, 62 KB)
Appendix G – Utility coordination letters
- Letter 1A: Functional Planning Initiation (DOC, 25 KB)
- Letter 1B: Functional Planning Completion (DOC, 25 KB)
- Letter 2: Preliminary Design Initiation (DOC, 26 KB)
- Letter 3: Utility Base Plan Review (DOC, 25 KB)
- Letter 4A: Utility Coordination Notification – Utility Conflict (DOC, 25 KB)
- Letter 4B: Utility Coordination Notification – No Utility Conflict (DOC, 25 KB)
- Letter 5: Preliminary Design Completion (DOC, 25 KB)
- Letter 6: Detailed Design Initiation Notification (DOC, 25 KB)
- Letter 7: Utility Design Initiation (DOC, 25 KB)
- Letter 8: Notice to Prepare for Utility Adjustment (DOC, 26 KB)
- Letter 9: Notice of Utility Agreements (DOC, 26 KB)
- Letter 10: Notice of Permit Approval (DOC, 25 KB)
Appendix H – Checklists
Appendix I – Meeting agendas
- I.1 Project Initialization Meeting (DOC, 47 KB)
- I.2 Preliminary Design Initiation Meeting (DOC, 48 KB)
- I.3 Preliminary Design Utility Coordination Meeting (DOC, 47 KB)
- I.4 Utility Design Initiation Meeting (DOC, 47 KB)
- I.5 Pre-Construction Meeting (DOC, 48 KB)
- Process Map (PDF, 897 KB)
Connect with the Project Management Office:
Twin Atria Building
4999 98 Ave NW
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.