COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Here are some traffic laws that all drivers should be aware of:
- Do not use your vehicle to tow anyone, for example, a person on skis, riding a toboggan, motorcycle or bicycle.
- It is against the law to let a person ride in a trailer when it is being towed.
- People under the age of 14 cannot operate a tractor or any self-propelled farm equipment on a highway.
- If the view from your inside rear view mirror is blocked, you must attach an outside rear view mirror on each side of the vehicle.
- If a vehicle's load extends 1.5 metres (5 feet) or more beyond the rear of the vehicle, the following is required:
- During daylight hours, a red flag should be attached to the end of the extension or load. The flag must be at least 30 centimetres (one foot) long on each of the four sides of the square.
- At night, a red light must be attached to the end of the extension or load.
- In a residential area, you must not operate a vehicle in a way that disturbs the residents between the hours of 10 pm and 7 am.
- If you drive a vehicle on a roadway without care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for others using the road, you could be found guilty of careless driving.
- It is illegal to operate your vehicle using two lanes on a highway, except when conditions cause the use of a single lane to be impractical.
- When you are driving, you must not allow anyone to ride on the outside of your vehicle. This includes the open box of a pick up truck. You and the other person can be charged for this offence.