Tourism Entrepreneurship Startup Seminar
Attend a seminar
The Tourism Entrepreneurship Startup Seminar (TESS) is a free, one-day seminar held in various municipalities across Alberta.
Please attend if you’re thinking about starting a tourism business or have just entered the tourism industry (less than 2 years).
The seminar provides essential information and resources for entering into the tourism industry. Some topics include:
- seasonal demand
You will also take home a workbook and experience an “expert café” of short meetings with tourism business specialists in finance, marketing and labour.
A range of business support services are available to encourage and grow entrepreneurship in Alberta’s tourism sector.
One-on-one coaching and support
Coaching and advice is available as you develop, enhance or expand your tourism product.
Contact us if you need to:
- develop a business plan
- access capital
- navigate regulatory approvals
- find statistics on Alberta’s tourism industry
Publications for tourism entrepreneurs
- Tourism business startup workbook
This workbook is for Alberta entrepreneurs considering joining the province's tourism industry:
- explore opportunities in the tourism sector
- understand what it takes to be a tourism entrepreneur
- what you need to have ready prior to starting a tourism business
- Tourism Business Planning Guide
- A guide to assist tourism entrepreneurs in developing a business concept.
- Tourism Development Guide
- A guide for obtaining required government approvals and licenses.
To contact the Tourism Business Development:
6th Floor, Commerce Place
10155 102 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4L6