Rules of procedure
The Surface Rights Board Rules was amended in November 2020 to create a more efficient and straightforward process for parties.
- Surface Rights Act, RSA 2000
- Surface Rights Act General Regulation
- Drainage Districts Act (s.34)
- Environmental Protection & Enhancement Act (s.134)
- Expropriation Act (s.27)
- Pipeline Act (s.28)
- Railway (Alberta) Act (s.22, s.29(1), s.30)
- Wilderness Area, Ecological Reserves, Natural Areas & Heritage Rangelands Act (s.12)
- Public Lands Act (s.9)
- Oil & Gas Conservation Act (s.19, s.101)
- Gas Distribution Act (s.12)
- Municipal Government Act (s.32)
- Administrative Procedures and Jurisdiction Act
Guidelines connote general statements of principles of the Surface Rights Board. These principles are non-binding statements intended to inform and guide those subject to actions under the relevant legislation.
Guidelines of this nature do not require specific statutory authority. They are intended to provide guidance to the public and to the Board.
The Board intends to review all guidelines annually (or sooner if required). Comments regarding the guidelines are invited and will be taken into consideration.