Alberta Public Service Student Summer Employment Registration Service
Register and submit resumes online to be considered for potential student summer employment with the Alberta Public Service.
Registration is open from January 1 to June 30 of each year.
We are currently in a hiring restraint. As a result, student summer employment opportunities may be limited.
The Student Summer Employment Registration Service lets students register and submit their resumes to a centralized database for consideration on potential summer employment opportunities with the Alberta Public Service.
Student summer employment opportunities typically begin in May and end in August.
Summer employment provides students with the opportunity to learn about our organization, develop workplace skills, and gain career related experience.
Type of work
Summer students are typically hired for a period of 2 to 4 months and provide assistance or support to various types of work (80 KB) in areas such as:
- natural resources (forestry, conservation, environmental science)
- information technology
- human services
- human resources
- grounds keeping
To be eligible to register, you must:
- be enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution
- be returning to academic studies in September
- have a current cover letter and resume
- the Tips for Applying on Alberta Government Jobs (PDF, 1.2 MB) can help you write a cover letter and resume
If you are not a student, visit the Alberta Public Service jobs page for a listing of our current employment opportunities.
How to register
When you register online, you will need to:
- provide your contact information, education, the type of work experience you are interested in obtaining, and when you’re available to start working.
- upload your resume and cover letter
- address the cover letter to “Attention: Human Resources”
- submit the cover letter and resume as one file
Note: Some ministries may post specialized summer employment opportunities on our Jobs with the Alberta Public Service page under the Seasonal category. You will need to apply directly to those job postings.
If you are already registered, you can login to access you account.
If you have lost your confirmation email, we can resend your confirmation email to you.
After you register
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and resume have been received.
- Your resume will be kept on file until September.
How students are selected
- Ministries that have available summer employment opportunities will review student registrations and identify students to be interviewed.
- Those students will be contacted to schedule their interviews.
- Interviews are usually held during March and April; some interviews may be held during January and February.
- Ministries will follow-up with interviewed students to confirm whether or not they were the successful candidate for a summer job.
- Selected students will begin their summer employment on the date arranged with the hiring ministry.
Contact the Student Summer Employment Registration Service
If you have any questions or comments regarding the Student Summer Employment Registration Service, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us for technical assistance and questions about jobs with the Alberta Public Service. We will make every effort to respond promptly.
If you have already applied on a job posting and have questions about your application, you can contact the ministry or department Human Resources office referenced in the job posting.
Only those inquiries that include an email address will receive a response.