COVID-19: State of public health emergency declared. Mandatory measures are in effect.
Alberta Transportation permits the movement of vehicles with a steering axle weight exceeding legal weights as per Commercial Vehicle Dimension and Weight Regulation AR315/2002 on Bed, Picker and Winch Trucks and vehicles with Permanently Mounted Fixed Equipment.
To obtain a permit the vehicle must:
- qualify to exceed the legal weight allowances
- complete a specification sheet
- get a government weigh scale ticket
A 30 day, temporary permit may be issued to allow time to obtain a government weigh ticket.
Click on one of the links below to obtain a copy of the specification sheet for your type of vehicle.
When the sheet has been filled out, email a copy along with a government weigh scale ticket to the [email protected].
- Single Steer Tandem Drive (PDF, 91 KB)
- Single Steer Tridem Drive (PDF, 243 KB)
- Twin Steer Tandem Drive (PDF, 87 KB)
- Twin Steer Tridem Drive (PDF, 95 KB)
Connect with the Central Permit Office: