Status of Women Grant Program
Non-profits and charitable organizations can get funding for projects that improve the lives of women and girls in Alberta.
Status: Application period closed December 23, 2016. There were 34 successful applicants.
Check back for the next call for 2017-18 proposals.
The Alberta Status of Women Grant Program provides funds to non-profit and charitable organizations. The funds are for projects and activities that improve the lives of women and girls in Alberta and relate to the three priority areas of Status of Women:
- increasing women’s economic security
- preventing and ending gender-based violence
- increasing women in leadership and democratic participation
Funding is available through 2 streams: Innovation and Enhancement.
The Innovation Stream provides up to $100,000 per organization to:
- expand their geographic or sector reach
- introduce successful initiatives in other areas of Alberta
- support organizations to mentor developing organizations in a best practice, program or service delivery
The Enhancement Stream provides organizations up to:
- $50,000 for special projects that are creative, unique, short-term programs
- $50,000 for organizing events, conferences or training
- $10,000 for staff development
Apply for a grant
Status of Women Grant Program - InnovationGet funding for mentoring or a project that supports existing processes to improve the lives of women and girls in Alberta.
Status of Women Grant Program - EnhancementNon-profits and charitable organizations can get funding for projects that improve the lives of women and girls in Alberta.
Other grant programs
The Labour Market Partnership program is open to Alberta-based organizations, industries or municipalities partnering with at least 3 others to deliver an innovative project that promotes women in the workplace.
Contact Status of Women
If you have any questions about the Alberta Status of Women Grant Program, application or process, contact us.